The Foundation has an auditorium, a library mostly for the youngsters and a music school. The Fundação Lord opened on June 18, 1998, with the aim of giving its contribute to education, sports, science, the arts and social support, thus contibuting to the development of the Lordelo parish.
The Casa da Cultura (Culture House) is also named "Palacete da Granja" (Granja Manor) because it was built by a Portuguese that had come back from Brazil in 1822. One can appreciate some south American features such as the yellow tiles in the façades and the large doors and windows. A special note to the huge garden that surrounds the building. The House is used for cultural and recreational purposes and it has eexcellent exhibitions rooms and an auditorium with 187 seats. It has also an open air amphitheatre, located in its magnificent garden.
This library has thirty thousand books, from the most important works to dictionaries and monographies. Its most valuable book is the printing of "Os Lusíadas" by Emílio Biel. There is an exhibitions room where there are temporary educational exibitions, conferences and music. Aside the library there is also a Museum with archaeological artefacts, clothings and regional craftswork.