Explore the best places
Monuments in Santa Maria da Feira
Rua de Santa Maria
4535-401, Santa Maria de Lamas
Recently restored Church, sharing a beautiful park with the Museum of Santa Maria de Lamas.
Rua Doutor Elísio de Castro
4520-213, Santa Maria da Feira
Although founded in 1594, it was only in 1690 that stood the current building, with the earthquake of 1755 did collapse at the dome ship, later reconstructed. Simple architecture, the temple was built according to the typology national tea, preceeded by a staircase of various heights with a decorative fountain. Inside, nave, chancel covered by a vault in caissons, and the main altarpiece, a good example of Baroque season d. Pedro II. Part of the estate of the Church two beautiful sculptures, a 15th-century Ançã stone represents a Holy Bishop, and the other, of wood, represents a Lady of sorrows …
Alameda Doutor Roberto Vaz Oliveira - Castelo
4520, Santa Maria da Feira
This Chapel is located near to the wall of the Castle, having been built in 1656 by order of Countess da Feira, d. Joana Forjaz Pereira de Menezes e Silva. It is a classical building, hexagonal cross-section, which reveals the influence of important chapels of centralized plant in the region. Inside, the floor forms a radial drawing from the Center, and gilded altarpieces in five walls. Attaches to the Chapel, there is a chaplain's House.
Alameda Doutor Roberto Vaz Oliveira
4520, Santa Maria da Feira
Santa Maria da Feira gothic Castle is often described as imposing and rigorous. We can emphasize its highest towers with turrets and four pinnacles garnishing the tower. The walls are protected with machicolation and battlements. On the outside it is worth to visit Nossa Senhora da Encarnação Chapel and The Capelania House both in Baroque style. The population slowly moved to the Castle surroundings attracted by the products market that there used to be made, originating the current city.
Rua do Castro
Boasting an excellent state of conservation, the Castro de Romariz is a fortified village dating back to the 19th century. V BC, with occupancy levels until the 20th century. A.d., and is considered one of the most significant archaeological sites of the region of the Douro e Vouga. Was identified in the mid-19th century. 19th century, with the discovery of a monetary treasure: the treasure of Romariz. After a long period of abandonment in 1980 began a new phase of systematic archaeological work, with the study of the origins and evolution of the Castro habitat, identifying the various stages of …
Rua António Castro Corte Real
4520-181, Santa Maria Da Feira
It is a Mannerist convent with Church of Latin cross plant and ship single and two-storey cloister. By their characteristics, inserts in the typology of monumental 17th century churches of Classicist and scholar of the region feature portuense. The tiling of the chancel and transept are also 17th century, and the main altarpiece of Baroque Style and lateral Baroque altarpieces of the National era of d. Pedro II, in the transition from the 17th and 18th centuries. In the center of the courtyard of the convent existed a Baroque fountain, now deployed in the square opposite the Town Hall.
EN1, km 280 - Lugar da Malaposta
U plant building opened with triple coverage on roof of four waters. The 23 mala-posta stations included in the route between Lisbon and Oporto obeyed all the same typology, typical of the iron architecture.
Rua Dr. António de Castro Corte Real
4520-236, Santa Maria da Feira