Explore the best places
Monuments in Sabrosa
5085-242, Gouvães do Douro
This pillory has as base two square steps and its shaft is flat and cylindrical. The voluminous capital supports the square “cage” with prismatic line in each corner and pyramidal finish.
Largo da Praça
This pillory is supported in five octagonal steps with a chamfered shaft, square cage with and a massif crowning from which the conic top comes out. IT possesses a weather vane from 1765.
Rua da Amoreira
5060-405, São Lourenço de Ribapinhão
Sanctuary of pilgrimage, along the hot spring. Consists of Chapel, fountain, Home of miracles, cruise, gazebos and surrounded by wooded parkland. Mannerist Chapel of longitudinal plant composed of nave and chancel, inside with coro-high built-in confessionals, pulpits, two side chapels with Rococo retables and neoclassical main altarpiece. Cruzeiro is 19th century, flat forend column, capital square and Latin cross with sculptural group.
Largo da Igreja
5060-109, Parada de Pinhão
Late-Baroque church with chapel. The ceilings are wooden and have Bell Tower located near the left side façade and the sacristy to the opposite. The interior features chorus-high above columns, baptistery on the side of the Gospel, four confessionals, pulpit on the Gospel, and two altarpieces and the main late-Baroque altarpiece and two side altarpieces. The roof of the chancel is painted with a Worship of neo-Baroque revival Custody.
Rua Fernão de Magalhães
Although the certainties are not absolute, everything leads to believe that Ferdinand Magellan was born in this House, and there is even reference to Sabrosa in the testament of the browser. Being a rural farm house, has popular civil architecture, characterized by small openings, without elements scholars. The stone of arms inserted in one of the corners of the House would have been sent sting by order of King Manuel I, since the browser made his great voyage of discovery in the service of the Kings of Spain. The House never was sold and moved to the current owners by …
5060-408, São Lourenço de Ribapinhão
About 30 feet in diameter and about 2 meters in maximum height, the Tumulus of Madorras is a prehistoric grave built about 6000 years. It was discovered in 1912 by Albino Lopo and was excavated for the first time between 1983-1988. Stands out for its monumentality and State of conservation, which led to some scientific interventions that provide innovative and important results for the knowledge of communities that built this imposing grave and inhabited the region.
EN323 - Quinta da Relva
Roman and medieval necropolis consisting of four cores from graves, of different types and chronology. Some structured graves with schist slabs upright, other box-shaped, and still others as anthropomorphic sarcophagi. The excavations at the site have allowed removing any estate consisting of ceramic artifacts, plus a stele of anthropomorphic format, currently exposed in the Museum garden Abbot of Baçal, in Bragança. However, of all the graves discovered only survive two anthropomorphic sarcophaguses, against the elevation of the epistle side of the sanctuary of Santa Marinha.
Erected on top of a hill 665 meters above sea level, and with a great mastery over the surrounding landscape, this fortified Iron Age settlement stands out for its trapezoidal plan which give it three lines of walls of granite, being the housing zone bounded by the first line of wall torn by three access entries. On site has collected a considerable number of potsherds smooth and decorated, which attests to the three periods of occupation checked in this town: the iron age, the Romanisation and the medieval times. In addition to these elements, were also exhumed several numismas, fibulae, …
Largo da Capela
5060-405, São Lourenço de Ribapinhão
Baroque and neoclassical chapel with wooden ceiling curved profile. Inside features main altarpiece in the polychrome carved neoclassical white, straight and plant three axes.