Explore the best places
Monuments in Alandroal
Necropolis with a set of seven graves dug into the rock, located near the village of Rosario.
Aldeia da Venda
Baroque and Rococo architecture Church consists of a chancel that gives access to the sacristy and a single ship. The side chapels have baroque features 18th century and the chancel altar corresponds to imagined Rococo. Inside, the altar and the paintings in the chancel.
Church of Manueline, Baroque and Rococo architecture, with a single nave, a chancel with access to the sacristy, a chorus and a pulpit. Inside, especially Mannerist painting panels.
Rua Alexandre Herculano
Baroque church of josefina. Note-If the gilded altarpiece of the main Chapel and the Baroque-style tile panels-Rococo, representing the last supper and the washing of the feet, by Policarpo de Oliveira Bernardes. Suffered a deep remodelling in the reign of King John V.
Church founded in 1520, where one can find the grave of Diogo Lopes de Sequeira, 4th Governor-General of India, great discoverer and browser of the seas of Africa and the East and still alcaide-mor from the village of Alandroal.
16TH century church built by the people of Alandroal. After being hit by the earthquake of 1755, it was repaired just a few decades later. In the interior, highlighted by the existence of a high choir.
Rua de São Bento
Chapel of pilgrimage of mannerist architecture consists of a porch, a nave, a chancel and a vestry located near. Highlighting the main altarpiece of the Johannine style stonework.
Largo Major Roçadas
Baroque chapel of longitudinal plant covered by a barrel vault in the nave and the chancel. Chapel, probably built in the 15th century and rebuilt after the earthquake of 1755.
Rua de Santo António
Church of Baroque architecture consisting of a nave and a chancel. The temple and the altar were built in the 18th century and the churchyard was built in 1961.
Largo do Castelo
Located on top of a hill, this castle was the defense line of the Guadiana. Consists of a walled enclosure, with cubelos, keep and two doors, one of which is flanked by towers. The documentary version assigns this work factory to d. João I, who joined the village in the Patronage of the order of Aviz. Was very damaged with the Castilian wars and with the earthquake of 1755.