Explore the best places
Monuments in Odivelas
Rua Alberto Monteiro
Baroque church of longitudinal plan composed by the juxtaposition of the ship with the chancel, showing coverage with gabled roofs and in coruchéu. It was built at the end of the 17th century over an ancient temple. Inside, the main altarpiece stands out, with a high gilded Rococo dressing room.
Rua dos Castanheiros
Composta por três arcos de volta perfeita, encimado por um frontão, de lanços, que enquadra três medalhões de embrechados, a Fonte dos Castanheiros remete-nos para um revivalismo bucólico e neoromântico. Situada numa quinta pitoresca, foi a primeira a ser explorada por particulares em 1931.
Rua Guilherme Gomes Fernandes
Rectangular baroque house with two floors, the ecclesiastical Palace type of recreation. The fifth and the Palace was founded by d. Rodrigo de Moura Teles in the 18th century.
Belonging to the set attached to the Águas Livres Aqueduct, an aqueduct, in stone, created to get water to the Terreiro do Paço de Queluz for consumption of the Royal Mews. The work was created in the place of two sources: the source of Gargantada and do Pocinho and served several fountains and fountains in Queluz. Built by d. João V, in 1731, was only to be done in the mid-19th century. The main section is 14 kilometres in length, of which eight in the municipality of Amadora.
Largo da Memória
Monument composed of a large pointed arch superimposed a Colonnade which supports three-lobed arches, surmounted by a crest. Its initial function was to demarcate the territorial limits on the jurisdictional area of the monastery of Odivelas. It is unknown if the correct date of its construction, believed to date from the 14th century.
Largo Dom Dinis
This Monastery was built between 1295 e 1305, founded by D. Dinis who belonged to the Cistercian Order. It was rather damaged by the 1755 earthquake and nowadays it only prevail the door, the apsidal chapels and some of the cloister traces. We should point out the gothic apse with a main chapel and two side chapels, all of polygonal shape and covered with rib vaulting. In this monastery lays D. Dinis tomb and his daughter tomb D. Maria Afonso.
Largo da Igreja
On the main facade of this church, stands a Manueline portal of Arch of carena. The interior is of a ship, 1468-lined and covered with roof of mixer painted. The chancel is of the late 18th century, and here, a large canvas of Pedro Alexandrino, "Supper", in 1802. In the chapel of Santo António, flooring tile "carpet" and the Tabernacle of the altar in carved 17TH century, overlaid by a crucifix in ivory.
Rua Doutor Alexandre Braga, 6
Urban Villa built in style "floor", showing features of Baroque and neoclassical architecture. It has two floors and attic, highlighting the piano nobile only by fenestration. The classification includes the patio, with typically Baroque motifs and neoclassical Interior paintings.
Rua de Angola- EN 8
Building built by the municipality of olive groves in 1873, in a property named "Quinta do Mr Stolen or of souls". Been long abandoned, and only recovered in the years 80, being adapted to the realization of cultural events. It was opened as a theatre in December 1989.
Travessa Nossa Senhora do Monte Carmo
Chapel of longitudinal plan composed by the juxtaposition of the nave and chancel, showing the gable roofs coverage. It was built by Gil Vaz Lobo, alcaide-mor of the town of Sintra, in the 17th century. In 1998\/1999 was recovered and transformed into the library.