Explore the best places
Monuments in Odivelas
Rua de Angola
Building built by the municipality of olive groves in 1873, in a property named "Quinta do Mr Stolen or of souls". Been long abandoned, and only recovered in the years 80, being adapted to the realization of cultural events. It was opened as a theatre in December 1989.
Belonging to the set attached to the Águas Livres Aqueduct, an aqueduct, in stone, created to get water to the Terreiro do Paço de Queluz for consumption of the Royal Mews. The work was created in the place of two sources: the source of Gargantada and do Pocinho and served several fountains and fountains in Queluz. Built by d. João V, in 1731, was only to be done in the mid-19th century. The main section is 14 kilometres in length, of which eight in the municipality of Amadora.
Largo da Memória
Monument composed of a large pointed arch superimposed a Colonnade which supports three-lobed arches, surmounted by a crest. Its initial function was to demarcate the territorial limits on the jurisdictional area of the monastery of Odivelas. It is unknown if the correct date of its construction, believed to date from the 14th century.
Rua Almirante Gago Coutinho
Fountain built in 1756 and rebuilt in 1843. In 1983 it was moved and assembled at the current location.
Rua das Fontaínhas
This font was born in Ribeira das Águas Livres, became, after the construction of the Aqueduct with the same name, reduced to a spring and a small ribeira, who has worked as a public laundry. It was built in 1888, and the exploitation of its waters started in 1910.
Rua dos Castanheiros
Composta por três arcos de volta perfeita, encimado por um frontão, de lanços, que enquadra três medalhões de embrechados, a Fonte dos Castanheiros remete-nos para um revivalismo bucólico e neoromântico. Situada numa quinta pitoresca, foi a primeira a ser explorada por particulares em 1931.
Rua da Fonte Velha
Source dating from 1951. Is in a poor state of conservation.