Explore the best places
Monuments in Amares
Rua de Nossa Senhora da Abadia
This Sanctuary in the present days is composed by chapels, buildings to support the pilgrims that come every year on the15th of August, fountains, Calvarias and a church. This Sanctuary has a large tradition and many people consider it the oldest Virgin Mary Sanctuary dating from the 7th and 8th centuries. The Sanctuary is placed on the top of a slope, surrounded by the beautiful nature on this region with impressive views.
Rua de Santo Ovídio
Chapel built in 1739 by José Alves de Azevedo, Chief of the mines of the Rio das Mortes, in Brazil. Is covered by a dome and retains a Johannine altarpiece. Has a picnic Park.
Avenida Afonso Manuel Pereira de Azevedo - EN308
Chapel of simple rectangular plan with nave.
Largo de Nossa Senhora da Abadia
4720-643, Bouro (Santa Maria)
Monument in homage to the Bureau members of the confraternity of our Lady of the Abbey.
Largo do Terreiro (EN 308)
Although the conventual part is in ruins, the Church, rebuilt in the 18th century, features a harmonic facade dominated by five sculptures representing the four evangelists and Saint Louis. Inside, include the gilded altarpiece and the sacristy, with paneled ceilings johannite and painted, and the walls are covered with tiles historian. The cloister is composed of seven bays of arcades with Tuscan columns. Currently adapted the Inn.
Avenida do Mosteiro
This baroque Benedictine monastery was reformed on the 16th and 18th centuries. It has a church reconstructed on the 18th century with a symmetric façade with two bell towers. It is worth to mention the vaulted coverage and the altarpiece in golden carving. It should also be mentioned, even though it is in ruins, the cloister area formed galleries in nine bays with Tuscan columns in granite, a decorative fountain in the centre with worked stone and several florid flowerbeds.
Rua de Santa Luzia
This ensemble is composed by a tower to which later it was built a residential attachment. The tower has a square plan. The ruin has, yet, the ground floor and a small part from the first floor. The original entrance door has a semicircular arch. The attachment has an ample door showing pointed arches in the two faces. It used to have two floors where it was possible to see the corbels.
Rua do Crasto, 1415
18TH century manor with turismo de habitação, vineyards, wine tasting, visits and receções lounge.