Explore the best places
Cultural Centers in Bragança
Praça Professor Cavaleiro Ferreira
Designed by Portuguese architect Filipe Oliveira Dias in 2001, this theater is a fine specimen of Portuguese contemporary architecture. Opened in 2004, and since then the main show room in town.
Installed in the donjon of the Castle, this Museum presents the history of the evolution of the ordnance, from the beginning until the first World War II. Its foundation dates back to 1929, (in prevalence of 10 infantry regiment stationed here and, later, the battalion of 3 Hunters). Under the pretext of restoring the Castle and the consequent extinction of Battalion Military Museum also departed, returning in 1983 with the original collection enriched by pieces of light weapons from the 12th century until the first world war.
Rua Dom Fernão O Bravo, 24
An old House has since February 2007 this Museum, where we can visit more than 40 costumes and about 69 masks of Braganza and Zamora. The Iberian Museum of mask and Costume consists of two separate buildings about 50 meters from each other.
Rua Abílio Beça, 27
Founded in the late 19TH century, in 1925, and headquartered in the building of the former Episcopal Palace of Bragança, here you can enjoy pieces of archaeology, painting, drawing, sculpture, jewellery, furniture and textiles. The Museum integrates much of the loot from the Episcopal Palace, which stands the Chapel itself. This inaugural set join, in 1927, the collections of the municipal Museum of Braganza. The initial Fund added the collections of Abbot Baçal, notably pieces of archaeology, numismatics, epigraphy and ethnography, and the acquisitions of Raul Teixeira. Highlights also include the collection of masks.
Rua Conselheiro Abílio Beça, 105
Opened in June 2008, the project designed by the architect Souto Moura, originates in the protocol concluded in February 1999 between the municipalities of Bragança and Zamora. Situated in the historic centre of the city and with a privileged view to the century-old cathedral square, the Art Center is housed in a 18TH century building. Divided into reception area, bookstore, bar\/cafeteria, terrace, Garden, seven rooms dedicated to the work of the painter Grace Matthews, educational service rooms, private offices, conference room, temporary exhibitions Gallery, changing rooms, workshops, reception area, large collection, and the reserve ship temporary exhibitions.
Bairro dos Batoques, 25
Opened in 2007, was the 14th Center to integrate the Live Science Network, which shows us the world of energy and the environment. It consists of two buildings: the monitoring and Environmental Interpretation Centre and the Home of silk. The first consists of interactive modules on the environment, energy, recycling. Silk's House is part of a former mill, probably used in the dyeing process of silk, in the 18th and 19th centuries.
Rua Doutor Herculano da Conceição
This museum brings together collections of ethnographic nature, collected by his patron Alfonso and Belarmino resulting from donations from individuals, representing the culture transmontana.
Rua Trindade Coelho, 32
Foundation established by testament by doctor Artur Águedo de Oliveira, politician born in Torre de Moncorvo Trás-os-Montes. Its goal is to promote the cultural enrichment and dissemination of books and literary intelligence.
This library, installed in the former Jesuit College, gathers Seventeen thousand books donated by Adriano Moreira.