Explore the best places

Monuments in Bragança

Castelo de Bragança

  • heritage

Rua Dom João V, 62 - Cidadela
5300-046, Bragança

Bragança

One of the most imposing fortresses of the 13th century, with an oval plan, cylindric towers in the angles and a square donjon in the centre. The donjon, gothic, is about 33 metres tall and in it the battlements and the ogival windows stand out. On the north side of the walls there is the "Princesse's Tower", thus named because, according to an ancient legend, there lived as a prisoner a young moorish girl loved by a Christian.

Solar dos Teixeiras

  • heritage

Rua Trindade Coelho, 32
5300-061, Bragança

Bragança

A 17th century house with a coat of arms, with "mezanino" on the upper floor of the façade that faces the street. In 1994-96 it was acquired by the Town Hall in oder to install there the library Dr. Águedo de Oliveira.

Igreja e Mosteiro de São Salvador de Castro de Avelãs

  • heritage

Rua do Mosteiro
5300, Bragança

Bragança

A temple that belongs to the ancient Benedictin monastery. It has romanic features with some baroque elements. The headboard has unusual characteristics in Portugal, totally revested by bricks, in the romanic-mudejar style, and finished by zig-zag layers.

Igreja do Convento de São Bento

  • heritage

Rua de São Francisco
5300-050, Bragança

Bragança

A convent founded in 1590 by command of a noble dame of Bragança, that occupies the houses that belonged to her. The stone coats of arms in the façade of the church are still visible. A special note to the domed nave's ceiling, with paintings by Manuel Caetano Fortuna, and the main chapel with a retable of 1721 and the ceiling.

Convento e Igreja de São Francisco

  • heritage

Rua de São Francisco, 59
5300-050, Bragança

Bragança

The convent and the church were built in the 13th century and rebuilt in the 19th century. This monastic temple, with a large nave, has a romaic style and a mannerist and baroque decoration. A special note to the chapel of Our Lady of Conceição, ornamented with golden carvings.

Igreja da Sé

  • heritage

Praça da Sé
5300-265, Bragança

Bragança

Even though it was initially destined to become a nuns convent, it ended up as the collge of the priests of the Companhia de Jesus at the time it was finished. In 1766 the Diocesano Seminar was established here and made enlargement works. Of this monument the most elaborated window, of 1749, a large window of 1685 and the tower, of 1930, stand out. Inside, a special note to the three domes with crosswork arches and the corbels, on the ceiling, the high altar, the choir, the cloister and the sacristy, for the painted panels on the ceiling.

Sé Catedral de Bragança

  • heritage

Avenida Engenheiro Adelino Amaro da Costa, 9
5300-146, Bragança

Bragança

The Cathedral of Braganza was designed by architect pink and Vassal inaugurated in 2001, being the first Cathedral built in the 21st century. This is an area of 10 thousand square meters, with distribution of seats in theatre style and pentagonal drawing of the surroundings, what distinguishes the contemporary architecture of the monument. Consecrated to our Lady Queen, all of it reflects the region where it operates, since building materials, vegetation of the gardens and even the orientation of doors. Inside, the shrine has the geographical shape of the district and traces of expression of Christ designed ceramic Panel of …

Domus Municipalis / Antigos Paços Municipais

  • heritage

Cidadela
5300, Bragança

Bragança

A monument probably built during the 15th century, with two distinct bodies. According to documents of that time, the objective of this construction was utilitarian and it was named "cistern" or "water room". It has a cistern to keep the rain waters and the streams and the extra-dorse that covers it forms the pavement of the hall. This upper part, the hall with windows, may have bem built to be used as the Town Hall.

Clube de Bragança

  • heritage

Praça da Sé, 3
5300-265, Bragança

Bragança

The building, named "Redondo" (Round), was occupied in 1911 by the Centro Republicano Emídio Garcia (Republican Centre Emído Garcia) (fusion of the Centro Republicano with the Clube dos Caçadores - huntsmen club). Only in 1935 was its name changed to Clube de Bragança, after the revision of the statutory lines. On the ground floor there is the cafe Chave d'Ouro that has been functioning since the 1920s.

Igreja Matriz de Failde / Igreja de Santo Ildefonso

  • heritage

Failde
5300-532, Bragança

Bragança

The Church consists of a longitudinal plan consists of a nave, a chancel narrower and lower, and a sacristy and an attachment adossados.

1 2 3 ... 11 12 13 >