Explore the best places
Monuments in Marvão
Inserted in the Serra de São Mamede Natural Park, the village of medieval style embraces an urban agglomerate with around 150 dwellings, mostly dating from the 14th century to the 16th century, that line the long and narrow streets.
Estação Ferroviária de Beirã-Marvão
Antiga Estação ferroviária fronteiriçado Ramal de Cáceres, entretanto desativada, sendo hoje ocupada em parte para fins turísticos. Tinha espaço de restaurante, apresentando lambril de azulejos como revestimento das faces internas do muro de delimitação e elementos barroquizantes na decoração.
Rua de Santiago
Maintains the three naves divided by columns of ogival arches chamfered, and in some chapels, altarpieces and Baroque carved tile coatings monochrome and multi-colored carpet type. Keeps a curious shrine Renaissance.
Imposing defensive complex situated in a place of great scenic beauty. Most of the buildings of the castle dating back to 1226 and 1230. Was modified and enlarged in the 15th, 16th and 17th. In the reign of King Dinis built ramparts, walls and fortresses. The reconstruction remain the keep and some cloths of wall.
Rua da Ponte Romana
Tower situated in the historical centre of the medieval village of Marvão.
Inside Serra de São Mamede Natural Park the mediaeval town stands out the Castle. The fortress is oriented towards Spain and includes urban agglomerate with around 150 houses dating on its majority, from the 14th to the 16th century escorting the long and narrow streets.
Roman rustic villa with thermal baths and necropolis partially covered with Earth. Presents two graves uncovered in slabs of stone: one adult and one child.
This temple has a main facade portico of four arches ogival without decoration. Is the only convent in Marvão. At the top of the window there is a portico surmounted by the symbol of the Franciscans and flanked by Rococo decoration. In the cloister there is still a part 17th century arches and groined. Highlights the tiles historian of the 18th century.
Estrada da Calçadinha, 4
7300-328, São Salvador da Aramenha
This is the most important testimony of the Roman presence in the District of Portalegre. The traces here belong to romam city of Ammaia. The Monumental Arch door Set that features two bases, torres, who lined an entrance to the city, to the doorway and a public square lajeada. Highlighting also the structure of the Forum and Temple, the Fifth building of Dean where they were found a sidewalk, a water pipe and stones epigrafadas. Highlight also to the Forum locker room and theater. Is classified as a national monument.