Explore the best places
Monuments in Moura
Rua Leonardo Mendonça (EN 255)
This is a set of typical 16th century dwellings.
Segunda Rua de Mouraria
Mouraria de Moura is an urban ensemble composed by three arteries, united by a transversal one. In the public square the typical houses from the alentejanas villages stand out (whitewashed and with conic dome cylindrical chimneys), preserving some of the examples associated with the mouraria (Moorish).
Rua de São João de Deus, 19
This is an olive oil tank and it has appropriated wheels for animal pulling.
Largo de São Francisco
Temple that demonstrates various Mannerist, Baroque and Rococo. As an example, it should be noted the gate-the altarpiece facade, which is of the early Baroque era. In the Rococo altarpieces are carved in the second chapel on the side of the Gospel, the epistle side chapel and chancel.
Avenida do Carmo
The convento do Carmo was the first of the Carmelite Order to be founded in Portugal, in 1251, by the Knights of the order of Malta. However, the original work nothing remains, having been again built in the 16th century. Is one of the most significant monuments of Baixo Alentejo. Features a matching set of Gothic and Renaissance elements, deserving highlight the Renaissance portico, the vaulted chapels, the 18th century tiles and the cloister.
Praça Dona Maria Gertrudes
7860, Santo Amador
Church with Mannerist and Baroque, neoclassical elements. Is composed of a nave and chancel. Features three altarpieces of gilt and polychrome, Baroque style.
Praça Sacadura Cabral
Situated on an elevation of limestone, this castle has a watchtower dating from the time of Dinis, which stands out for its volume. It was already after the reconquest from the Moors that Dinis had completely remodel the Castle, which had housed the Moors for 400 years. Later, Dom João I sent to expand the fortress, but the war of succession and the earthquake of 1755 contributed to its state of disrepair. On the Southeast side there is a portal of entry, elbow-shaped and a vaulted tunnel. Next to the castle there are ruins of the convent of the Dominican …