Igreja de Santa Clara
The Santa Clara Church is all that’s left of the convent with the same name, whose construction was ordered by Dona Filipa de Lencastre. This real treasure with golden carving is hidden at the Square. It keeps its initial gothic structure, although it suffered changes through the XVII and XVIII centuries.
Largo do 1° de Dezembro
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Igreja de Santa Clara
Monumento ao Empresário
The Monumento do Empresário (a tribute to the Porto’s great businessmen) is at the beginning of the Marechal Gomes da Costa Avenue. It was created in the begin…
Igreja de São Martinho de Lordelo
Characteristic temple from the end of the XVIII century, covered with azulejos (tiles) on the exterior. The front is sided by two strong bell towers and ended …
Estátua a Afonso de Albuquerque
Stone statue by Diogo de Macedo, built in 1930. It is at the Largo de D. João III, at the Bairro Gomes da Costa.