Fortaleza de Beliche
The original building was almost totally destroyed by the corsair Sir Frances Drake. Rebuilt in the 17th century it was once again damaged during the 1755 earthquake. This fortress was built using ruins of several stretches of 17th century defensive walls. Inside there are some restored military buildings that maintain their original architectonic traces. The chapel of Santa Catarina (St Catherine), commissioned by Infante D. Henrique, is also located inside the fortress.
8650-355,Vila Do Bispo
- Easy external parking
- Castles & Fortresses
Monuments near Fortaleza de Beliche
Antigo Convento dos Frades Jerónimos
Convent founded in the 16th century and located inside Fortaleza de Sagres.
Fonte da Praça da República
Fountain that is located in the garden of Praça da República.
Fortaleza de Sagres
Fortress that dates back to the 16th Century but which has suffered a number of alterations throughout the ages. This fortress maintains a strong defensive wa…
Fortaleza do Cabo de São Vicente
The original build dates back to the 16th century but the building suffered changes in the 17th and 18th centuries. The main door bears the arms of Dom Joao II…
Farol do Cabo de São Vicente
The lighthouse became operational in October 1846. It is 28 metres high and its reach is 32 metres. The lighthouse's optical apparatus weighs four tons and is …