This is one of the oldest Christian temples in the country and it stands out for the shapes and signals that are sculpted on the walls as well as for the different styles one can see in its various chapels.
Founded in 1524, this church has a Renaissance portico. Initially, this temple had only one nave but later the Chapel of the Eleven Thousand Virgins was added, in white marble an covered by white and green tiles.
A church with a longitudinal plan composed of the uneven rectangles of the nave and of the high altar. A special not to the paintings on the high altar, of the 1500s, and to the paintings on wood by the Master of Lourinhã.
This temple was founded by the religious Order of Santiago at the end of the 12th century. A romanesque-gothic church with three naves. A special note to the portals and to the chapiters decorated by animal images.
A moorish castle that was built during the 6th century. Conquered by the Portuguese crown in 1217, it ceased being used for military purposes in the 15th century. In the 16th century, the Order of Aracoelli founded a convent there, where they remained until 1834. Currently, one can visit the ruins of the catle, of the Aracoelli convent, of the church of Saint Mary that dates back to the 13th century and vestiges of several houses.