Palácio dos Maldonados
This palace was built in the middle of the XVI century by a local family named Furtado Mendonça. It is still possible to observe the arms of this family over the main door of the building. It presents a renascent profile. In the end of the XIX century the palace was used as headquarters of the Liceu de Beja and nowadays it became a students’ residence.
Rua do Esquível, 21-29
- Difficult external parking
- Palaces & Mansions
Monuments near Palácio dos Maldonados
Edifício do Banco de Portugal em Beja
White building with stone edge windows. There’s a small balcony over the main door.
Colégio dos Jesuítas de Beja
Huge building that marks the urban net. The construction of this college began in the XVII century but with the expulsion of the Jesuit Order from Portugal, in…
Convento de São Francisco / Pousada de Beja
Located outside the Walls, next to the ancient way that connected Beja to Mértola, it was founded in the XIII century. It suffered some changes, mainly during …
Estátua de Gonçalo Mendes da Maia
Stone statue with 5 metres height by Gonçalo Mendes da Maia, the Lidador who conquered, in a famous battle, Beja to the Moor.
Fontanário do Jardim Público de Beja
Stone fountain with four water-spouts, built in 1884 and rebuilt in 1982, celebrating the first centenary of the garden.