Explore the best places
Monuments in Cascais
Avenida Marginal - EN 6
The church of Saint Anthony, or mother church of Estoril, was built in 1527 in a place where there was a hermitage dedicated to Saint Roque. This church went through several calamities, including the earthquake in 1755 and a big fire in 1927 but it was immediately recovered in both times. A special note to the baroque fronton and, inside, the tile panels with motives of the life and miracles of Saint Anthony.
Estrada do Guincho - EN 247
Building integrated in the works of Baroque fortification of barra do Tejo. It was built in the 18th century and altered in the 19TH century. Presents a pentagonal plant with elevations with two or three floors. After suffering works refurbishing, opened as Guincho Hotel in 1959.
Avenida Marginal - EN 6
Quadrangular Fort, with a battery toward the beach and on the opposite side barracks and bunkers. The defensive line was built in the reign of Dom João IV, being a strategic point in defense of the Bar Tejo.
Rua Calhariz, 1 A
Summer house built in 1901, according to design by the architect Raul Lino. Features an irregular plan composed by the articulation of three rectangular bodies and an octagonal shape.
Rua do Lido, 7 A
This collection deserve attention two towers, located on opposing positions and marking the boundaries of the property. The turrets and the wall that delimit the property were probably built in the late 19th century.
Rua de Benguela, 501
Hospital building dating from the early 20TH century, showing a plant in "H" composed of three bodies. Initially, functioned as a sanatorium and, since 1961, as Orthopaedic Hospital.
Rua Gomes Freire, 5
Theater built in the late 19th century consisting of a longitudinal plan, with three contiguous bodies, a rectangle and two rectangular, corresponding to the lobby\/lounge, the Auditorium and the stage box.
Avenida Rei Humberto II de Itália
A chapel that dates back to the 17th century and that is included in the gardens of the Museum of the Counts of Castro Guimarães. The body of the chapel, with one only nave, has a rectangular plan just like the high altar. Inside, the chapel is covered by a wainscot of tiles of the 1600s with geomeetrical elements in yellow, blue and white.
Estrada do Abano
The Strong winch primitive only the outer walls and a stone plaque over the door. This Fort was the defense line of the Atlantic coast. Currently, works here a hotel and a restaurant.
Rua Latino Coelho, 8
Chapel built in the 18th century, integrating the building of the old palace of the Hawks. Inside, deserve highlighting the tiles with 18th-century historian panels, ceiling paintings in the chancel and the hoist of the altar.