Explore the best places
Monuments in Rio Maior
Rua David Manuel da Fonseca
2040-249, Rio Maior
The name of this manor house is justified with the fact that Don Miguel have stayed here before the battle of Almoster. In this manor are the ceilings painted with real weapons, the oratory chapel with Baroque facade and porch of the House. The ground floor was occupied by services and on top was the residence.
Avenida Doutor João Afonso Calado da Maia
2040-333, Rio Maior
Structure built from 1926, according to the design of the engineer Mendonça. It was opened in 1935 and presents itself as a building adapted to the typology of a Hospital Center. In 1950 was built the Chapel and other annexes and progressive increases very useful, as the kitchen and the dining room.
Rua Doutor Francisco Barbosa
2040, Rio Maior
The Roman villa of Rio Maior was discovered in 1983. The excavations, started in 1995, allowed the collection of significant booty. Found a set of various mosaic panels which, by their chromatic range and drawing are attributable to the 21st century. II\/III century AD.
2040, Ribeira de Cima
This is one of three megalithic monuments that exist in Portugal. In the parish church of Alcobertas, this dolmen burial character consists of a camera and a corridor, formed by large props. Stands out the tile flooring and stone altar.
Estrada das Salinas
2040, Marinhas do Sal
Fonte da Bica saline ponds are the only Natural ones in Portugal. They are located 30 Km. from the sea and have 40 tanks from which the salt is extracted from 10 metres depth. Between May and September the collection is done after the water being cached (which has about 200 to 300 grams of salt) and evaporated after 7 days.
Largo Alcino Torrodão
Church located in front of the Regional Museum Manuel Noble, consisting of nave, vaulted chancel and Bell Tower. The facade features simple lines, with white marble facade window and a clock on the Bell Tower. The Panel with the representation of our Lady of the Rosary on the ship.
Largo Dona Maria II
2040-296, Rio Maior
The construction of these steps date from 1760, although in 1884 if dislodged the Step of the Rua Dom Afonso Henriques. Both have the form of oratory Chapel. The placement of tiles is recent; 20TH century (1998). The passage happens always in the procession of the Holy week.
Rua Serpa Pinto, 115
2040-249, Rio Maior
Architecture of religious character, composed of vaulted chancel and nave, this consisting of two side altars. The sacristy preserves a Baroque toilet. Another highlight is the font from the Chiesa Madre (mother church), and that is stored in a chapel under the Tribune, on the side where is the capela do Senhor dos Passos.