Work from the beginning of the XVI century that suffered various reconstructions. It keeps the armillary sphere, the escutcheon of Portugal and a stone with Latin inscriptions. Over the main door is a tower, but with without the bell that announced the closing of the city gates.
Church of late-Gothic trait whose front is torn by an ogive portal of three arches. Two robust towers with pyramidal coverage, advanced toward the front, flanking the main façade. The interior of a single nave, has walls covered with enxaquetados tiles.
Muito procurado por turistas, o que resta do Castelo albicastrense ergue-se numa zona sobranceira da cidade. Terá sido construído pelos Templários na Idade Média, isto apesar dos vestígios da presença humana naquela área na pré e proto-história, tendo sido rodeado por uma linha de muralhas e torres. No recinto da fortaleza, na alcáçova, encontravam-se a Igreja de Santa Maria do Castelo e o Palácio dos Alcaides. Esta fortificação fazia parte de um sistema defensivo que ladeava o Rio Tejo.
The church of São Miguel was again the Cathedral since 1956. It was reconstructed on the 17th century according to the Renaissance style. There are still some visible elements from the different construction phases: the transept arch from the 16th century, altarpieces and panels from the 17th century and the main chapel and the sacristy from the 18th – 19th centuries.