Explore the best places
Estrada de Santa Luzia
Vernacular Chapel of longitudinal plant, consisting of a chancel, a vestry and an attachment adossados. Featured, inside, the altarpiece in stone dating from the 16th century and, abroad, for the font embedded in the wall, which is believed to have been devotional.
Rua da Sofia
Former College of 16th-century Foundation, where he settled in the late 19th century, the Court of first and Second Instance. The building, with three floors, has as its centerpiece a cloister. Between 1549 and 1892, worked here the old Dominican College of St. Thomas. Between 1892 and 1927, suffered extensive remodeling, working as the residence of the Count of Ameal. From 1927 until the present day, offers legal services.
Rua de Sobre-Ribas
This tower was part of the old medieval wall. After being adapted to residence, it was the famous poet António Nobre, who obtained inspiration for writing some of the poems in his most famous work.
Rua da Torrita
Romanesque Tower, inserted into the defensive line south of the Mondego, which is believed to have been built between the 11th century and the 12th century. Presents a simple rectangular plan, with rude lines and thick walls.
Rua Teófilo Braga - Quinta da Boavista
Set of two rectangular buildings, placed facing each other and connected by other constructions. The main building and the chapel were built in the 19th century and, in 1989, was inaugurated here the hotel school.
Largo Feira dos Estudantes
Magnificent Jesuit temple begun in 1598. The main front, austere but elegant has two bodies from two distinct styles: classic and baroque. Inside are worthy of note the several baroque golden woodcarving altars, the organs placed on the lateral walls of the main chapel and a manueline baptistery brought from the Old See.
Rua Vendelli, 2
Building dating from 1748, with a facade composed of five bodies, being the central the corresponding to the early Church. Around the building, magnificent baroque gardens highlight, dating from the 20th century.
Rua Dom Duarte Nuno (EN 575)
The monastery of this Palace was inhabited by Monks from 1451. In the Church, highlighted by a tomb set dating from the 15th and 16th centuries: Tomb of Fernão Teles de Meneses, dated 1481, and Tomb of João da Silva and Aires da Silva, designed by the sculptor Diogo Pires Manueline-o-Boy.