From the set stand out: the Porta Férrea, the Via Latina, the building of the former S. Pedro College, The Joanina Library, The S. Miguel Chapel, The Sala dos Capelos, the Sala de Exame Privado, the tower, the Gerais, and the Religious Art Museum.
Work done between the second half of the XVII century and the first half of the XVIII century. The church has a choir and a main chapel. The primitive tomb of the Rainha Santa, made by Mestre Pêro, is one single carved limestone block
The monastic set (church, cloister, and bowery) has great cultural and architectonic value. The church is an exemplar of the mendicant Gothic. Worthy of notice are the notable Hispanic Arabian glazed tiles panels, the rose-window at the occidental front and the magnificent renaissance arch that comes into view under the arch of the epistle nave.
Magnificent Jesuit temple begun in 1598. The main front, austere but elegant has two bodies from two distinct styles: classic and baroque. Inside are worthy of note the several baroque golden woodcarving altars, the organs placed on the lateral walls of the main chapel and a manueline baptistery brought from the Old See.
It is one of the most beautiful Romanic Portuguese monuments, with the exterior look of a church-fortress. The Cloister, from the XIII century, was the first gothic style work done in Portugal, after the Mosteiro de Alcobaça. Worthy of notice are the Especiosa Doorway, the Sacramento Chapel, both by João de Ruão, not forgetting the gothic tombs nucleus and the Seville’s glazed tiles.
The Santa Clara Convent presents a simple cloister, with ten arches and, around, the conventual’s annexes: downstairs the utilitarian divisions and upstairs the cells. The church has a single nave and the inside is slightly illuminated with glass windows.