Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Conceição/ Igreja Matriz de Portimão
The Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Conceição was built in the late 15th century, damaged by the earthquake of 1755, after being the target of reconstructions in the 18th century. A new reconstruction in the 19th century gave him the current setting. Of the original building stands the Gothic portal with gilded capitals and Gargoyle.
Rua Machado dos Santos
- Easy external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
- monday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
- tuesday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
- wednesday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
- thursday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
- friday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
- saturday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
- sunday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
- holiday: 07:00-12:00, 15:30-19:00
Monuments near Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Conceição/ Igreja Matriz de Portimão
Capela de São José
This Chapel is located in the city's old quarter, in face of the shipyards and the Largo da Barca, where there was a boat to cross the River before the constru…
Chafariz da Praça 1º de Maio
Round fountain with a large fountain, located in the center of a square. Around there is a pleasant garden area with some banks.
Igreja do Colégio dos Jesuítas
The building of the Jesuit College was founded in 1660 from the project of Bartholomew Duarte. The College has a church nave, the widest of Portimão. Currently…
Esculturas da Zona Ribeirinha de Entre Pontes
Set of nine sculptures by various sculptors, erected in 2003. Are aligned along the recent Riverfront of Portimão.