Forte de Santiago do Outão / Farol do Outão / Hospital Ortopédico do Outão
Fort located at the foot of Serra da Arrábida. Its tower is dated from 1390. In 1572 it suffered enlarging works and was completely remodelled after the Restoration War. The chapel, covered with glazed tiles from the XVIII century, is worthy of notice. In the XIX century it was a prison and later the holydays residence of King D.Carlos and Queen D. Amélia. In 1909; it became a hospital for orthopaedic diseases and maintains its function until today.
EN 379 - Outão - Setúbal
- Private parking
- Castles & Fortresses