Caves de Valpaços
Based on a long history linked to wine production and thanks to the region's climatic conditions and privileged soils, it was natural that Adega de Valpaços emerged in 1956, with the aim of providing an outlet for the large supply of wine from numerous producers. From then on, the construction of the current building, designed by architect Fernando Cunha Leitão, took 2 years, giving rise to a remarkable work of harmony between traditional and modern. The growth of the winery led to, in 1986, being assigned a long list of VQPRD wines (Quality Wine Produced in a Specific Region). The cellars offer guided tours with wine tasting upon prior reservation.