Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Agonia
A baroque chapel known for its big yearly procession that takes place in the month of August. In 1674 it was the Chapel of Bom Jesus do Santo Sepulcro do Calvário, later it became Bom Jesus da Via Sacra and still later on it adopted its current name. It has numerous paintings offered to Our Lady of Agonia as a testimony of accomplished miracles.
Rua de Monserrate, 12
4900-355,Viana do Castelo
- email: [email protected]
- Easy external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Igreja de Nossa Senhora da Agonia
Capela de Nossa Senhora das Candeias
Located by the docks, it was builtunder the invocation of the Santo Homem Bom, patron saint of tailors and silk spinners. It has a stone, dated 1944, that test…
Capela de Santa Catarina
Located about 50 metres away from the fishing docks. In its interior, we find wax ex-votos and miniatures of sailboats.
Capela de Santiago
The main façade has the image of Saint Jack. In the interior, thre is an image of the 1700s portraying Our Lady with Jesus as a Child, as well as an image of S…
Capela de São Roque
This chapel stands out for its simplicity. In the interior, a special note to the blackwood and to Saint Roque's image of the 1700s, as well as the pulpit and …