Capela da Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Arouca
Chapel built in 1612, very rich in its iconographic programme, where are represented Evangelists, Apostles, scenes from the Birth, Life and Passion of Christ, among others. The interior consists of a very simple altar and the ship's all covered with tiles dating from the 17th century. Sorted Property of public interest since 1959.
Praça Brandão de Vasconcelos
- email: [email protected]
- website: https://scmarouca.com/misericordia/patrimonio/capela-da-misericordia.html
- Easy external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
- tuesday: 10:30-12:30, 14:30-17:30
- wednesday: 10:30-12:30, 14:30-17:30
- thursday: 10:30-12:30, 14:30-17:30
- friday: 10:30-12:30, 14:30-17:30
- saturday: 10:30-12:30, 14:30-17:30
- sunday: 10:30-12:30, 14:30-17:30
Monuments near Capela da Santa Casa da Misericórdia de Arouca
Antiga Casa da Câmara de Arouca
Cultural building with stone of arms and national coat of arms on the door of the main façade.
Capela de Santo António
Baroque temple with nave, chancel and triumphal arch. The internal coverings are wooden and the coffered ceiling.
Mosteiro de Arouca
Its initial use was as a feminine Monastery under the Cistercian rule and it is where Dona Mafalda tomb is placed. IT has a roman classicist style with baroque…