Igreja e Convento de Nossa Senhora da Luz
Temple founded in 1570 by the religious Agostinhos Calçados, in the place where the hermitage of Nossa Senhora da Luz existed. It was later sold to private individuals. Single-nave church with a floor plan almost like a Greek cross. It is made up of a chancel and two side chapels that end in painted domes with lantern tower. Highlights include the Renaissance portico, made of marble, with medallions in the corners and a shell pediment, as well as the galilee, formed by round arches based on granite columns. The bell tower is topped by a small dome.
Largo General Norton de Matos, 12
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Igreja e Convento de Nossa Senhora da Luz
Edifício da Fortaleza de Arronches
All that remains of the old fortress is the Torre da Cadeia, made of stone, quadrangular in shape, with granite corners, without battlements and small sections…