Arcada da Lapa
Built in 1715, by the spot where the medieval wall used to be, it had the castle behind, whose donjorl was preserved. In front of the arcade was the Campo de Santa Ana, ordered by D. Diogo de Sousa in the XVI century. Between 1761 and 1767, at the time of the archbishop D. Gaspar de Bragança, the central nucleus of the arcade was opened and the Igreja da Lapa (church), with an André Soares drawing, was built.
Praça da República
- Difficult external parking
- Historical streets & Plazas
Monuments near Arcada da Lapa
Igreja e Edifício do Hospital de São Marcos
Baroque building dated from the XVIII century. On top of the building there are eight images representing martyrs and Apostles, by Carlos Amarante.
Capela de Nossa Senhora da Conceição
Its construction was ordered by the Archbishop Dom João Coimbra in 1525. It origin is probably Romanic, and the chapel has gothic lines. Inside are worthy of n…
Capela de São Bentinho
Baroque and neoclassical Chapel, dating from the mid-18th century. In the 19th century was built the porch and also placed the main altarpiece. The interior fe…
Capela do Antigo Convento do Salvador
Integrated at the Asilo Conde da Agrolongo, dated from the XVII century, this chapel has the best examples of the finest religious architecture in Braga, where…
Casa do Passadiço
Baroque manor in L, with two floors, surrounded by a grating wall, which bounds a lovely garden. Inside are worth notice the stairs, the arcs and baroque decor…