Fonte do Ídolo
The only roman reference monument of the Bracara Augusta and one of the most important rupestral sanctuaries of the referred period that still exist in the Iberia Peninsula.
Rua do Raio, 2
- email: [email protected]
- website: https://www.cm-braga.pt/pt/1201/conhecer/historia-e-patrimonio/museus/item/item-1-669
- Difficult external parking
- Fountains, Springs & Aqueducts
- monday: 09:30-13:00, 14:00-17:30
- tuesday: 09:30-13:00, 14:00-17:30
- wednesday: 09:30-13:00, 14:00-17:30
- thursday: 09:30-13:00, 14:00-17:30
- friday: 09:30-13:00, 14:00-17:30
- saturday: 11:00-17:30
Monuments near Fonte do Ídolo
Cruzeiro do Largo Senhora A Branca
Large cruise with seven steps, a pedestal, a forend worked and, on top, an ORB surmounted by a cross.
Capela de Nossa Senhora da Penha de França
The church owns a two floors’ cloister with four galleries on each floor. Inside are worthy of notice the 18th century glazed tiles and a magnificent pulpit w…
Capela de Santa Justa
Mannerist chapel characterized for its architectonical sobriety and adulterated inside. The main altar with the image of Christ and the two canvas with the pai…
Capela de São João da Ponte
Chapel of longitudinal plant consists of a porch supported by Tuscan columns, a single nave, a chancel and a vestry located near. It was built in 1616, has und…
Casa da Avenida Central / Casa Rolão
Its construction was ordered in the first half of the XVIII century, presenting a two floors’ front, rococo style.