Explore the best places
Monuments in Braga
Praça da República
Church 19th century neoclassical architecture, consisting of a church flanked by two rectangular buildings, with Bell Tower located near. Inside the Church the 19th century pattern tile coating and for the choir-high profile clipped with wooden balustrade. Currently, the buildings annexed to the Church is the famous café Vianna and a bank.
Rua de Santo António das Travessas, 34-40
On of the buildings is a medieval construction with Manueline frames at the windows and doors. The other is a small two floors’ house, with a smooth stone front.
Dubbed the City of the archbishops, many religious monuments of great patrimonial value that can be found and visited. The pedestrian streets of the historic centre, with the traditional trade, has a permanent animation. The historic sites have been preserved and are the scene of conviviality between generations as famous cafes, like the Vianna and A Brasileira. They called it the Roman Bracara Augusta and those times were brands such as the fountain of the idol, the Roman baths of the Alto da Cividade and the Arco da Porta Nova, among others.
Largo São João da Ponte
Cruise very simple, with no steps, with a pedestal and a smooth stem.
Rua da Misericórdia
This construction was rebuilt in 1930, on the ruins of the former Bishop's Palace, demolished in 1871. Its wings define different styles in different periods of construction. The east wing is gothic (XIV century) and the west wing is late baroque (XVIII century).
Rua da Presa (EN 201)
This bridge has horizontal platform with two ramps placed above nine irregular and round arches. The paths are supported in several modillions and the guards are in iron.
Caminho do Chamor
Large monument inaugurated in 1947. It was erected in honor of the Eucharistic heart of Jesus.
Largo Carlos Amarante
Seventeenth-century source based on a platform with three steps. In addition to the tank, highlighted by a tall obelisk consisting of four records with four fish whose mouth pours water. Originally, it was located in the countryside of the vineyard, being transferred to this site in the early 20th century.
Largo de São Martinho
Image representing São Martinho de Dume.