This mountain belongs to the Ancient Massive South of the Tejo. It is located in the westernmost part of the Algarve (near the Bravura Dam) and is oriented northeast-southwest, perpendicular to the Monchique Mountain. One can practice some sports here.
Located to the southwest of Bragançaand belonging to the Ancient Massif of Trás-os-Montes, this is a branch of the Montesinho mountain. It is 12.5 km long and 10 km wide and has its highest pont at 1319 metres. On the top, we find the Sanctuary of Our Lady of the Serra, a privileged belvedere. On its slopes several small rivers are born that have several fish species such as the common trout, the barbel and the eel among others. The fauna is impressively diverse and one should note the presence of wolves, foxes, boars, wild cats several birds and amphibuous. ...
A hill located to the northeast of Vila de Rei, with a length of 10 kilometres and a height of 578 metres. Vila de Rei is the precise centre of the country and on the top there is a landmark, from 1802, that signals the local. That place has lovely panoramic views of the region. The space is filled with pine trees and there are traditional preserved villages, with thirs houses on the hillside and the streets paved with schist.
It belongs to the Old Massif of Entre Douro e Tejo and it is located to the northeast of the district of Viseu. It is 8 km long and 3 km wide and contains the spring of the Vouga river. Currently, in August, on the Shrine of Our Lady of Lapa, thre is a popular "romaria". It is an excellent belvedere.
This hill is a northern continuation of the Montemuro Hill. One may follow the pedestrian trails and visit the lost villages with their schist covered houses. The hill has magnificent views of the valley.
The Aboboreira Mountain has wonderful views, namely on the Baião and Marco de Canaveses sides. It is located by the Marão Mountain. The Menhir of Travanca, one of the most complete in the Iberian Peninsula, is located there.
By the so-called "Terras da Costa" (Coast Lands), these approximate 13 km of protected landscape, between the Cova do Vapor (Costa da Caparica) and the Albufeira Lagoon, are a set of beautiful eroded shapes of high geologic and paleontologic interest. Near the Costa da Caparica one can find vestiges of liv creatures, namely of vegetable origin. The less knowledgeable will be able to enjoy the immense red wall, whose medium height ranges from 80 metres to the north (near Trafaria) and 40/50 metres to the south (near Fonte da Telho). Sometimes, the abruptness of the cliff and the erosion cause ...
The caves belong to the Berlenga Natural Reservation, in the Berlengas archipelago, located at a distance of 10 km from the continental shoreline and 5.7 miles away from the Cape Carvoeiro. They are 45 minutes away from the nearest road.
A cave located on the eastern side of the Candeeiros Mountain, formed bu Dogger limestone. The cave was escavated in 1880 and was then described as one of the largest furnas in Portugal. In 1936, another, more modern cave, was found, with objects from the copper age period. It is classed as a National Monument.
Located on one of the hillsides of the Candeeiros Mountain, it is composed of four horizontal rooms, in an extension of 200 metres. It stands out for its rooms and corridors filled with enormous stalactites of various colours.