Pilar de Banger
Originally this stone column was about 30 metres high and 3 metres of diameter, but in 1939 it was put down to built the present Avenida do Mar. In 1987 it was partially rebuilt with some of the original stones, not far from the place where it used to be. Its name is due to the responsible of the construction, the English John Light Banger.
Avenida do Mar e das Comunidades Madeirenses
- Other monuments
Monuments near Pilar de Banger
Chafariz do Largo do Chafariz
Fountain with a water spout and high pillar, set on two circular steps.