Igreja do Castelo de Montalegre / Antiga Igreja Matriz de Montalegre
The Castle Church is one of the two churches of the medieval area of the village. This church-which was the matrix before the construction of the new Church – is actually very close to the Castle. Surround on many leafy trees, and that give you a serene and peaceful environment of much recognition. Although it is of medieval origin, the moth present must remount to the 17th century. In the bell tower that, as in many churches in the region, is separated from the main body of the temple, which is the border, having own access from the outside. It consists of a nave and a chancel and the interior is characterised by its rich and gilded altar.
Terreiro do Açougue
- Easy external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Igreja do Castelo de Montalegre / Antiga Igreja Matriz de Montalegre
Capela de São Sebastião
Chapel of mannerist architecture, Bell and straight Dick portal and oculus.
Estátua João Rodrigues Cabrilho
Statue of homage to navigator Juan Rodríguez Cabrillo.
Fonte da Misericórdia
Source dated 1899, with a small tank and two cocks.