Igreja de São Jorge e Ermida de Nossa Senhora da Piedade
A temple of baroque features founded in 1740, during the reign of Dom João V. The interior has one sole nave, covered by a ceiling with frescoes and tile panels of the 1700s on the walls. The left side of the main chapel leads to the old hermitage of Our Lady of Piedade, of the 1500s, that became a chapel of the church.
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Igreja de São Jorge e Ermida de Nossa Senhora da Piedade
Capela da Misericórdia de Canha
The altar of the chancel has a golden carvings retable and Solomon columns that surround the painted pannels that picture Saint Margareth of Cortona and Saint …
Capela da Quinta do Saldanha
Known as the Hermitage of Our Lady of the Afflicted, this chapel is located in the Saldanha Farm. A special note to the most beautiful marbl Christ on a wooden…
Cruzeiro da Atalaia
A manuelin crucifix in stone, where the image of Christ on the cross and a beheaded pietá are sculpted.