In 1855-1858 begined the construction of the Teatro Aveirense, planned by Araújo e Silva. The building was ready only in 1878-1881, being opened by the Companhia do Teatro D. Maria II. In the beginning of the XX century, new chairs made of sheep-leather and iron were bought to the pit. In 1912 started the cinematograph sessions. Later, in 1947-1949, the place was rebuilt and reopened, with an Ernesto Korrodi and Engenheiro Von Haff building plan. A true ex-libris of the city, this show room was the stage for many shows: names like Ney Matogrosso, Maria Bethânia and Vicente Amigo have been here. It was also the chosen stage for academic evening-parties of the Aveiro University.
Rua de Belém Pará
- Difficult external parking
- Theatres & Showrooms
Cultural Centers near Teatro Aveirense
Museu Arte Nova
The Art Nouveau Museum of Aveiro, housed in one of the most emblematic buildings among the heritage of this artistic chain, is the interpretive center of the e…
Biblioteca Municipal de Aveiro
Opened in 1993, the Municipal Library is a pleasant place, which invites you to a closer look at books. It has a journal and magazines’ reading spot, a videote…
A cinema room on the fourth floor of the Centro Comercial Oita (Oita Shopping Centre). An alternative to the movies that are played in the larger malls.