Edifício da Estação do Barreiro
A building where the Barreiro CP train station used to function, inaugurated in 1881. Its main façade faces Lisbon.
Avenida Batalhão de Sapadores de Caminhos de Ferro
- website: https://www.cp.pt/passageiros/pt/consultar-horarios/estacoes/barreiro
- Easy external parking
- Typical houses & Relevant buildings
- Visitable (no guide), Bar/snack-bar, Shop
- monday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
- tuesday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
- wednesday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
- thursday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
- friday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
- saturday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
- sunday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
- holiday: 06:45-11:00, 11:30-14:15
Monuments near Edifício da Estação do Barreiro
Escultura da CUF
A simple scultpure that alludes to the centenary of CUF, 1865-1965. It is about 2 metres tall and is located in the centre of a roundabout.
Escultura de Luís Lázaro Zamenhof
Simple sculpture honoring Dr. Lejzer Zamenhof, creator of Esperanto.
Moinho de Maré Pequeno
Ruins of an old mill, dating back to the 17th century, with three millstones.
Torre do Relógio do Barreiro
The clocktower, dating back to 1928, was the first telephone central of the internal net of the CUF. It has two clocks and a tile panel above the main door.
Igreja da Misericórdia do Barreiro
Dated 1569, this small temple features a single nave covered with 18th century tiles. On the façade one can observe a Mannerist portal, which bears the name of…