Domus Municipalis / Antigos Paços Municipais
A monument probably built during the 15th century, with two distinct bodies. According to documents of that time, the objective of this construction was utilitarian and it was named "cistern" or "water room". It has a cistern to keep the rain waters and the streams and the extra-dorse that covers it forms the pavement of the hall. This upper part, the hall with windows, may have bem built to be used as the Town Hall.
Rua da Cidadela, 112
- Private parking
- Typical houses & Relevant buildings
- Visitable (no guide)
- monday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
- tuesday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
- wednesday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
- thursday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
- friday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
- saturday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
- sunday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
- holiday: 09:00-12:00, 14:00-17:00
Monuments near Domus Municipalis / Antigos Paços Municipais
Edifício da Pousada de São Bartolomeu
Pousada built from scratch in the 20th century, belonging to the Group Pestana Pousadas.
Fonte da Rainha / Fonte do Cano
Source of backrest consisting of a rectangular tank, with eye-catching gable cornice.
Casa dos Morgados
This is probably a house of the 1800s that belonged to the family Sá Vargas.
Castelo de Bragança
One of the most imposing fortresses of the 13th century, with an oval plan, cylindric towers in the angles and a square donjon in the centre. The donjon, gothi…