Castelo de Chaves
Built by Dom Dinis, this castle has had great importance in the Defense military of Northern Portugal. The two forts, both built during the wars of the restoration, reinforced at the corners by quads composed bastions. Currently, kept the remains of military walls. The construction of the time of Dinis remains only the Tower of homage. The keep houses the Center for military history.
- Difficult external parking
- Castles & Fortresses
- Visitable (no guide), Visitable (with a guide)
- monday: 09:30-13:30, 14:30-18:30
- tuesday: 09:30-13:30, 14:30-18:30
- wednesday: 09:30-13:30, 14:30-18:30
- thursday: 09:30-13:30, 14:30-18:30
- friday: 09:30-13:30, 14:30-18:30
- saturday: 09:30-13:30, 14:30-18:30
- sunday: 09:30-13:30, 14:30-18:30
Monuments near Castelo de Chaves
Antigo Quartel da Guarda Principal / Museu da Região Flaviense
Building called Paço dos Duques de Bragança, despite having been built to house troops. It is an 18th century rectangular plant barracks where currently locate…
Fonte da Rua Doutor Augusto Figueiredo Fernandes
Large stone structure, with three semicircular bicas and three small tanks.
Escultura "Será que a Gioconda tem alma"
Stone sculpture located in a small garden.
Estátua da Santa Maria Mantela
Legend of Mary keeping it that after this have had seven sons, and as at that time considered themselves infidels women who had more than one son, this sent fi…
Estátua de António Joaquim Granjo
Sculpture erected in tribute to the former Prime Minister of Portugal (in 1920), António Joaquim Granjo.