Forte de São Francisco
Former convent surrounded by walls, transformed into a fortification in 1658. Strong late-Baroque and Mannerist, composed of regular star plant, with four pentagonal bastions at the corners by a highlighted rectangle. Your plant is similar to the strong neighbor of São Neutel, both built during the wars of the restoration. Currently, it is a hotel, a restaurant and a bar.
- Easy external parking, Private parking
- Castles & Fortresses
Monuments near Forte de São Francisco
Antigo Hospital da Misericórdia de Chaves
Former hospital da Misericórdia, built in the 19th century\/XX, rectangular plant, adossado to the Igreja da Misericórdia. It is located on the town's main squ…
Antigo Quartel da Guarda Principal / Museu Flaviense
Building called Paço dos Duques de Bragança, despite having been built to house troops. It is an 18th century rectangular plant barracks where currently locate…
Fonte da Rua Doutor Augusto Figueiredo Fernandes
Large stone structure, with three semicircular bicas and three small tanks.
Castelo de Chaves
Built by Dom Dinis, this castle has had great importance in the Defense military of Northern Portugal. The two forts, both built during the wars of the restora…
Escultura "Será que a Gioconda tem alma"
Stone sculpture located in a small garden.