Explore the best places

Monuments in Alcobaça

Igreja Paroquial de Évora de Alcobaça / Igreja de Santiago

  • heritage

Rua do Norte, 35
2460-492, Évora de Alcobaça

Alcobaça

Chapel characterized by the cumulation and overlapping of different styles: Gothic, manueline and Renaissance. The original temple was built in the 15th century, and in the 17th century was its reconstruction.

Mosteiro de Alcobaça

  • heritage

Praça 25 de Abril
2460-018, Alcobaça

Alcobaça

This Monument was constructed by the Cistercian Rule monks between 1178 and 1254 following the model from the Mother House from Cistercian Rule in Claraval, France. The Monastery is composed by three bodies: the church, the North and South wings where it was respectively located the Kings and Court chambers when visiting and the Abbot and Monks residences. From the original façade there are some preserved elements like the crenels on the side walls, the Gothic doorway and the lateral windows. The baroque towers were added in the 18th century. The church is the biggest one in Portugal with three …

Igreja da Misericórdia de Aljubarrota

  • heritage

Praça do Pelourinho
2460-601, Aljubarrota (Prazeres)

Alcobaça

Religious vernacular architecture of the 16th century, restored by the people and parish priest between 1985 and 1991.

Cruzeiro no Largo da Igreja de São Vicente

  • heritage

Largo da Igreja
2460, Aljubarrota (São Vicente)

Alcobaça

Cruise ship built in 1858, composed of lysed flower Latin cross, with arms based on a sphere.

Igreja Paroquial de Cela / Igreja de Santo André

  • heritage

Rua Joaquim da Silva Almeida
2460, Cela

Alcobaça

Church of revival architecture and pioneering project. Has ship only, chancel, side chapels and collaterals. The Zoomorphic gargoyles (fish, dog, Rooster, pig, Parrot and Wolf) and two gargoyles of human representation, from the early Church.

Mosteiro de Santa Maria de Cós

  • heritage

Rua de Santa Rita
2460-396, Cós

Alcobaça

This building was founded by testamentary arrangement of D. Sancho I it would come to adapt to a Convent house for the Bernardas during the 16th century. It possesses one only nave covered with a wooden ceiling with coffer painted with emblematic. –the walls are covered with pattern and figurative glazed tiles, altarpieces in golden mannerism carving framing paintings. The Manueline door giving access to the choir stands out, as well as the ceiling coffer paintings, the glazed tiles from the 18th century that cover the walls.

Ermida de Nossa Senhora da Graça

  • heritage

Largo Senhora da Graça
2460, Ataíja de Cima

Alcobaça

16th century Church of longitudinal plant, ship only and chancel with three wooden coverage plans. The translucent display clock in the oculus.

Igreja Matriz de Alfeizerão / Igreja de São João Baptista

  • heritage

Largo João Baptista
2460, Alfeizerão

Alcobaça

Church nave only, with stylistic influence of Rococo. It lies next to the cemetery of the nearby Alfeizerão from the ruins of the Château de Alfeizerão.

Castelo de Alcobaça

  • heritage

Rua do Castelo
2460-036, Alcobaça

Alcobaça

Installed on a rise about 70 meters west of the monastery, Alcobaça Castle was sent to build by d. Afonso Henriques in 1147, on the presumed ruins of a fortification from the 6th century, as part of an important defensive line of the Lisbon region. Repeatedly devastated at the time of the Reconquista, d. Sancho ordered its reconstruction to house the monks alcobacenses and the population in the event of an attack. After suffering several earthquakes (1329, 1422 and 1563), turned out to serve as a prison in Filipes. Presenting itself in a State of ruin in the 18TH century, …

Ermida de Santa Teresa

  • heritage

Largo de Santa Teresa
2460, Casais de Santa Teresa

Alcobaça

Chapel of pilgrimage, with ship located near the ship side primitive.

1 2 3 ... 5 6 7 >