Mina de São Domingos
Mining complex installed in the 19th century for the operation of a pyrite mine cuprífera whose deposit was explored as early as Roman and pre-Roman. The main elements extracted during the modern exploration, between 1854 and 1966, were the copper and sulfur. After the closure of the mine equipment was dismantled and sold, leaving today the landscape marked by mining activity and acidic drainage.
Corte do Pinto
7750-102,Corte do Pinto
- email: [email protected]
- website: https://www.fundacaoserraomartins.pt/index.php?id=history&lang=pt
- Easy external parking
- Other monuments
- Visitable (no guide), Visitable (with a guide)
Monuments near Mina de São Domingos
Cruzeiros de São Miguel do Pinheiro
Homogeneous set of cruises from the 18th century, with Baroque forms.
Igreja Paroquial da Nossa Senhora da Conceição de Corte do Pinto
In this church the highlight goes to the drawing and grandeur of the main portal.
Azenhas do Guadiana
Water mills took advantage of in the past, the current of the river Guadiana to transform the grain into flour. Today, the mills are leisure venues.
Canais do Rio Guadiana
The channels were used, in the Guadiana, to capture fish. In the municipality of Mértola there are the latest traps of this type, which have fallen out of use,…