Santuário de Nossa Senhora da Nazaré
In 1377, King Ferdinand ordered the construction of the first church to house the sacred image, and give shelter to the large number of pilgrims visiting the Senhora da Nazaré, being expanded and furthered in the reigns of King John I, John II and Manuel. Building dominated by two high bell towers of patricians, in Baroque style, preceeded by a wide alpendrada Gallery, sent up by d. Manuel, to house the pilgrims. The entire building attests to the great reform of the late seventeenth century (1680 to 1691). The interior is a single nave, covered with 17TH century tile panels by Van du Kloet. The Church and the tiles that are are classified, since 1978, as Property in the public interest.
Largo Nossa Senhora da Nazaré
- Difficult external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Santuário de Nossa Senhora da Nazaré
Fonte da Vila da Nazaré
Three source profusely ornamented with pillars, pinnacles and embossed scrolls, situated on the road to Nazareth to Flint.
Igreja da Misericórdia da Nazaré
Temple of ornate Mannerist style with a set of 1468, representing our Lady of mercy and with gilded altars. The exterior features animated straight lines by cl…
Antigos Paços do Concelho da Pederneira
Probably built in the 16th century, only in the 18th century was built the pediment of the main door and the dome of the Bell Tower. Home emblazoned with the s…
Busto de José Laborinho Marques da Silveira
Honor of the Association of voluntary firemen of Nazareth, the doctor José Laborinho Marques da Silveira, a doctor in the region. Bust of 1986.
Capela de Nossa Senhora dos Aflitos
Chapel built in 1760, at the behest of the Cistercians of Alcobaça, and dedicated to the cult of our Lady of the afflicted. Stands out for its facade, covered …
Capela de Santo António
Chapel located in marginal da Nazaré, right on the seafront. It is characterized by possessing unique ship and a chancel. But the real highlight is the façade,…