Castelo de Alegrete
Castle located in a border area that was the scene of many campaigns warriors. Amuralhamento construction of the fence, reinforced by towers semicilíndricas, due to a deal between the people of Alegrete and King Dinis: residents built the wall and the monarch would grant a Charter. Dinis, in addition to repopulate the village, built the Tower of homage, and in 1319, continued the work begun by his father, Dom Afonso III. At the front gate of the old fence, the clock of the old village.
- Castles & Fortresses
Monuments near Castelo de Alegrete
Capela da Misericórdia
Chapel built in the 17th century, with a single nave, Baroque characteristics and vernacular. In the 18th century was built the altar and side in the 20th cent…
Centro Histórico de Alegrete
Set of narrow streets with cobblestone floor and houses typically Alentejo.
Igreja Paroquial de São João Baptista
Renaissance church of three ships built in the 16th century and rebuilt in 1992. Features perfect round arches supported by columns smooth, simple lines and mi…
Torre do Relógio
Tower built in the 17th century, with a rectangular plan, a uniform coverage and a pentagonal pyramidal coruchéu Kimo.