Igreja do Convento de Santo António
Integrated Temple in a convent, founded in 1524. In 1564, the church underwent reform and enlargement works and a century later was rebuilt by is in ruins. During the 18th century was the target of numerous reforms, such as: application of gilt altarpiece of the main Chapel, placement of lateral altarpieces of the bow of the cruise, chancel flooring with tiles of Vital workshop historians Rifarto, choir stalls in the high choir, building and finishing the gilt and screens of the sacristy and cloister construction. Stands out by twin chapels of Santo António and São Francisco, protobarroca facade.
- Easy external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Igreja do Convento de Santo António
Antigo Hospital de Aveiro
Building dating from the early 20TH century by Francisco Selva, located next to the municipal garden. It is characterized by geometrical lines, featuring decor…
Capela da Ordem Terceira de São Francisco
Franciscan chapel funded in 1677, integrating the architectural ensemble of the Santo António Convent. In the XVIII century the walls were covered with azulejo…
Capela dos Santos Mártires
Chapel built in 1670 with repair of the interior and the retable, the door and some changes in the top in 1882.
Edifício da Antiga Garagem
Building with Art Nouveau decor, whose original construction only the façade remains. The main façade presents itself integrally the stonework.
Sanitários do Parque Municipal de Aveiro
At the Infante Dom Pedro Park – City Park- the bathrooms from the beginning of the XX century are worth a visit.