Capela dos Ossos
Built in the year 1766 the capela dos ossos, also called the Chapel of souls, is annexed to the Church. The interior decoration includes human bones, a tribute to the dead in the catastrophe of 1732, who claimed 2\/3 of the population of the village.
Largo Doutor Regala, 6
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
Monuments near Capela dos Ossos
Portas de Santa Maria
As Portas da Vila, também conhecidas como Portas de Santa Maria, são um dos monumentos mais característicos de Campo Maior, sendo também uma das principais ent…
Fonte do Convento
Source of the New State building. Has whitewashed masonry backrest and blue painted curved lines, remotely evoking the Baroque forms.
Fonte no Largo Doutor António José de Almeida
Source of whitewashed backrest with Baroque architecture. The pediment is curved and opened by Regias coat of arms, with marble rectangular tank.
Igreja e Convento de Santo António
Baroque and Rococo architecture Church Franciscan convent with ship, chorus-alto, chancel, the throne room and the Bell Tower façade s. is Rococo, with stucco …
Igreja Matriz de Campo Maior
This monument was built between 1570 and 1646 and it possesses a main façade divided in three parts by incorporated pilasters. The central part presents a larg…