Urban beach which forms a small Cove, having a young frequency. Is protected by a cliff, being a privileged area for fishing enthusiasts. There are several bars and quality restaurants, with high prices.
A very beautiful beach, surrounded by trees and bushes.One of the biggest and most attended beaches in the country, it has large waves and strong winds and is often used for international surf, bodyboard and windsurf competitions.There are bars with excellent terraces and excellent restaurants specialized in fish and shellfish.
When the Portuguese maritime expansion had its peak, in the 16th century, Cascais was one of the first places to have a lighthouse. The Guia lighthouse was built in 1610 and a small hermitage was built in the surrounding area with the following inscription: "Guide of the seamen".
A palace built on the site of the demolished Fortress of Our Lady of Conceição, it was acquired in 1868 by the Duques of Palmela in order to build a summer residence there. The project belongs to the English architect Thomas Henry Wyatt. With a revivalist English architecture, this building is covered by masonry. In the main raised wall one can view, above the door, the coat of arms of the family of the Duchess of Palmela.
Rocky Beach separated by a sea arm small enough to pass on foot at low tide. Existing restaurants serve typical dishes at high prices. Private house was formerly condes Castro Guimarães Palace which currently functions as a Museum, having direct access to the beach.