Portão Fortificado de Porto Pim
Also known as a stronghold of the patrol, this door is part of the defensive complex dating from the early 17TH century which included the Guardhouse, the Castelo de São Sebastião and the Strafing, connected by a wall of support along the Bay of Porto Pim. It is a fortification of L-shaped plant with ten Gunners.
Rua Conde D'Ávila
- Difficult external parking
- Walls & City doors
Monuments near Portão Fortificado de Porto Pim
Edifício da Sociedade de Carvão e Fornecimentos de Fayal
Building dating from the late 19th century, consisting of three floors, with the Bay Windows on the first floor. This construction comes up to our days to test…
Antiga Colónia Alemã
This building, working currently as the seat of the Regional Secretariat of agriculture and forestry, formerly housed a company of German submarine cables. Hig…
Busto do Infante Dom Henrique
Bust erected in honor of the Infante Dom Henrique, known as the browser.
Estátua do Doutor Manuel Arriaga
Statue erected in honor of Doctor Manuel Arriaga, Horta's natural and influential leader of the Portuguese Republican party.
Fábrica da Baleia de Porto Pim
This former factory, built between 1940 and 1942, presents a plant composed of various bodies interrelated, a ramp of hoisting of whales and a courtyard of dis…