Edifício do Teatro Nacional Dona Maria II
Located at the Rossio north side, the Teatro Dona Maria II was built in 1840 by the Italian architect Fortunato Lodi. The façade has six columns, brought from the São Francisco Convent, and is ended with a triangular fronton where are sculpted the figures of Apollo and the Muses.
Praça Dom Pedro IV
- Private parking
- Typical houses & Relevant buildings
Monuments near Edifício do Teatro Nacional Dona Maria II
Edifício do Teatro-Éden
The façade, with a dynamic game of volumes, expands symmetrically to a central body. Inside are worthy of notice the décor details.
Estação do Rossio
This building, planed by the architect José Luís Monteiro, it presents a façade with two horseshoe moor arches. Between these arches is the Dom Sebastião statu…
Estátua de Dom Pedro IV
This huge bronze statue, by Germano José Sales, represents the king Pedro IV with a laurel wreath, holding the constitution that replaced the former one in 182…
Igreja de São Domingos
Founded in the XIII century, it suffered several improvements. Inside are worthy of notice the giant columns and the polychromy of its marbles. It is the large…
Obelisco dos Restauradores
Located at the Praça dos Restauradores, it was built in 1886, pay homage to those who died during the Restauração War. The Bronze figures on the pedestal symbo…