Igreja de São Pedro de Cête
This church used to be part of the disappeared Benedictine monastery and it was rebuilt on the 14th and 15th centuries. From then on it started to possess a cloister, a crenel tower and the frontage giant. The portico has four archivolts with ogival arches settled in decorated columns in the abacus and capitals, with Coat of Arms and rose window. On the inside it possesses a nave, a main chapel where it is possible to find the grave from the Abbot D. Estevão, with some inscriptions and with a statue laying above the cover and funerary – chapel. It is part of the Romanic Route from Vale de Sousa.
- Easy external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
- Visitable (no guide)
Monuments near Igreja de São Pedro de Cête
Ponte da Cepêda
A roman stone bridge with an arch.
Antigos Paços do Concelho de Castelões de Cepeda
An extremely beautiful house, dating back to 1780. Dona Maria considered it an outstanding building. It was adapted in oredr to house the Musical Academy of P…
Capela da Senhora da Piedade da Quintã
A small medieval chapel.
Mosteiro de São Pedro de Cête
Romanesque monument, one of the oldest in Portugal. The monastery, only after centuries of degradation, the Church, the cloister and chapter room pré-manuelino…