Igreja da Misericórdia de Tavira
Church built in the XVI century, considered to be one of the finest exemplars of renaissance in all Algarve. Its portal of great beauty, deeply worked, stands out at the façade. Inside, are worthy of notice the main chapel with a beautiful altar retable of golden carving and the images of Nossa Senhora da Visitação and Santa Isabel. The glazed tiles covering the walls represent the Works of Mercy and are duly captioned.
Rua Damião Augusto de Brito Vasconcelos, 2
- Difficult external parking
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
- monday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- tuesday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- wednesday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- thursday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- friday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- saturday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- sunday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- holiday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
Monuments near Igreja da Misericórdia de Tavira
Forte da Conceição / Forte de São João / Forte de São João da Barra
Fort dating from the 17th century, with a four-pointed star plan and a gate preceded by a moat. It is classified as a Property of Public Interest.
Monumento aos Descobrimentos
Set of two sails with the symbol of the Portuguese Discoveries, located in the centre of a circular.
Busto do Doutor António Padinha
Bust rose to pay homage to Doutor António Padinha. The statue is in the centre of a flowery garden, with some benches.
Igreja de Santa Maria do Castelo
13th-century building, rebuilt after the 1755 earthquake. It maintains the Gothic structure and portal. In the main chapel is the tomb of the seven Knights of …