Igreja da Misericórdia de Tavira
Church built in the XVI century, considered to be one of the finest exemplars of renaissance in all Algarve. Its portal of great beauty, deeply worked, stands out at the façade. Inside, are worthy of notice the main chapel with a beautiful altar retable of golden carving and the images of Nossa Senhora da Visitação and Santa Isabel. The glazed tiles covering the walls represent the Works of Mercy and are duly captioned.
Largo da Misericórdia
- Churches, Chapels & Temples
- monday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- tuesday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- thursday: 14:00-17:30, 09:00-12:30
- wednesday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- friday: 14:00-17:30, 09:00-12:30
- saturday: 14:00-17:30, 09:00-12:30
- sunday: 09:00-12:30, 14:00-17:30
- holiday: 14:00-17:30, 09:00-12:30
Are you going to Tavira?
See how suggestions of places to visit we have for you!!