Farol do Cabo de São Vicente
The lighthouse became operational in October 1846. It is 28 metres high and its reach is 32 metres. The lighthouse's optical apparatus weighs four tons and is amongst the six heaviest in the world. At present the lighthouse houses a museum centre.
8650,Vila Do Bispo
- Easy external parking
Monuments near Farol do Cabo de São Vicente
Antigo Convento dos Frades Jerónimos
Convent founded in the 16th century and located inside Fortaleza de Sagres.
Fonte da Praça da República
Fountain that is located in the garden of Praça da República.
Fortaleza de Beliche
The original building was almost totally destroyed by the corsair Sir Frances Drake. Rebuilt in the 17th century it was once again damaged during the 1755 eart…
Fortaleza de Sagres
Fortress that dates back to the 16th Century but which has suffered a number of alterations throughout the ages. This fortress maintains a strong defensive wa…
Fortaleza do Cabo de São Vicente
The original build dates back to the 16th century but the building suffered changes in the 17th and 18th centuries. The main door bears the arms of Dom Joao II…